Translate

1/22/20

Aberdeen Mississippi

A Colorful History Architecture and Southern Hospitality

Aberdeen is located on the banks of the Tombigbee River; in the 19th century it was one of the busiest ports on the Mississippi. Today Aberdeen retains many historic structures from this period, with over 200 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. Aberdeen Lock and Dam forms Aberdeen Lake, a popular recreational area and part of the Tennessee-Tombigbee waterway system. 



History the first Europeans reached this part of the American South in 1540 as part of the Hernando Desoto Expedition. Aberdeen was first settled in 1834 and chartered as a town in 1837 when it became a thriving cotton port.
Aberdeen is ideally located to visit the cities of the American South and the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway links it with the Tennessee River and the Gulf of Mexico. 

Aberdeen is Located on the Tombigbee River and Near Prairie Land Ideal for Cotton Farming




Southern Hospitality as a historic port city, Aberdeen is accustomed to hosting travelers and sharing access to the area's recreational treasures, festivals and parades, shopping, hunting, fishing, hiking and golfing. The city’s local cultural scene includes the theater, antebellum mansions and one of the best libraries in Mississippi.
Historic Architecture Aberdeen homes feature a variety of architectural styles such as stained and leaded glass windows, towers, bays and brackets and outstanding examples of almost every period and style of Southern architecture; antebellum cottages and mansions, ornate Victorians, turn-of-the-century neoclassical homes and substantial bungalows from the 1920s and 1930s.


Aberdeen Lake Marina is conveniently located for boaters to enjoy cruising the Tenn-Tom Waterway and Aberdeen Lock and Dam. The Blue Bluff Recreation Area is one of the most scenic recreation areas on the waterway with both a campground and day-use area. The area is named for the beautiful clay and limestone cliffs that border the park on the eastern side. The bluff rises 80 feet above the water and provides a lofty view of the lake and nearby lock and dam.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate their effort and also try to get this to anyone looking for business loans or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He is also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete